We have reached the end of Week 1 in Ancient Greece, and the final performance is fast approaching! You should have received a letter with show information and tickets at check in this morning. A copy of that information is also included below for your convenience:
You are invited to attend our very special performance and gallery exhibit “Groundbreaking Greece” on Friday, August 5. The doors to PSI Theatre will open at 1:15 p.m.
Because of the limited seating capacity in PSI Theatre on the top floor of the Durham Arts Council building, guests are limited to 2 per student. We will make extra seats available as space permits, starting at 1:25pm in front of the PSI Theatre entrance on the top floor. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
The performance will feature the Creative Kids and all Performing Arts tracks and a full camp song as the finale to our performance. The gallery will feature the work of the Creative Kids and all Visual Arts tracks. Thursday and Friday schedules will be modified to allow for gallery set-up and stage rehearsals. Campers will still have a lunch break on Friday, so please send a lunch with your child.
Visual Art campers will be sent home on Friday with all of their artwork that is not to be displayed on Friday. Please send your artist to camp on Friday with a paper grocery bag to carry his or her artwork home. Each camper’s name should be visible on the bag.
Please do not plan to pick up your child between 1:15-2:30 on Friday as we will be in performance mode and will not be able to make sign-outs available. We hope that all will stay for the performance as the campers have been working very diligently. If your camper is in Afternoon Adventures, we will have a special movie that afternoon.
For campers in the Performing Arts track or Creative Kids only, not those on the Visual Arts track, please refer to the below list of all of the class costumes by age group for all performing arts tracks. Please let us know if there is something you can’t provide and we can help your child to find it. For colored shirts, you may just turn a shirt inside out and use it if it has writing on it.
- Green shirt with black bottoms. Make sure that if you wear a skirt to wear shorts underneath.
- White shirt with black bottoms. Make sure that if you wear a skirt to wear shorts underneath.
- Black shirt with black bottoms. Make sure that if you wear a skirt to wear shorts underneath.
- Ella Hendrickson, Ruby Ashman, and Genaro Perez need to bring a navy blue shirt AND a black shirt to wear with black bottoms.
- Light colored tops and bottoms: whites, light khaki, anything light colored is great. They will also wear brightly colored headpieces and other accessories they made this week, and we have those and everything else they need here at camp. Make sure that if you wear a skirt to wear shorts underneath.
Thank you for you cooperation and help with our performance. We can’t wait for you to join us on Friday!