We made it through Week 1 of Panama! And what a fun week it was. As we move into the second week, we are working hard on our end of session performance. Please see below for information about the upcoming performance and gallery show:
You are invited to attend our very special performance and gallery exhibit “Picturesque Panama” on Friday, July 8. Come and show your support for the fabulous performing and visual artwork that your children have been creating during camp! The doors to PSI Theatre will open at 1:15 p.m.
Because of the limited seating capacity in PSI Theatre on the top floor of the Durham Arts Council building, guests are limited to 2 per student. We will make extra seats available as space permits, starting at 1:25pm in front of the PSI Theatre entrance on the top floor. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
The performance will feature the Creative Kids and all Performing Arts tracks and a full camp song as the finale to our performance. The gallery will feature the work of the Creative Kids and all Visual Arts tracks. Thursday and Friday schedules will be modified to allow for gallery set-up and stage rehearsals. Campers will still have a lunch break on Friday, so please send a lunch with your child.
Visual Art campers will be sent home on Friday with all of their artwork that is not to be displayed on Friday. Please send your artist to camp on Friday with a paper grocery bag to carry his or her artwork home. Each camper’s name should be visible on the bag.
Please do not plan to pick up your child between 1:15-2:30 on Friday as we will be in performance mode and will not be able to make sign-outs available. We hope that all will stay for the performance as the campers have been working very diligently. If your camper is in Afternoon Adventures, we will have a special movie that afternoon.
For campers in the Performing Arts track or Creative Kids only, not those on the Visual Arts track, you will find below a the list of all of the class costumes by age group. Please let us know if there is something you can’t provide and we can help your child to find it. For colored shirts, you may just turn a shirt inside out and use it if it has writing on it.
Group 1 (7-year-olds):
- Brown shirt with black bottoms. Make sure that if you wear a skirt to wear shorts underneath.
Group 2 (8 and 9-year-olds):
- Grey shirt with black bottoms. Make sure that if you wear a skirt to wear shorts underneath.
Group 3: (10 to 13-year-olds):
- Red shirt with black bottoms. Make sure that if you wear a skirt to wear shorts underneath.
- Vivian Hazelrigg, Amira Dillard, and Haven Biddix need to bring both a red shirt and a black shirt to wear with black bottoms.
- Joseph Lambert and Amara Black ONLY need to bring a black shirt to wear with black bottoms.
- White shirt. Any bottoms are fine! They will wear hats and other accessories they made this week, and we have those and everything else they need here at camp. J Make sure that if you wear a skirt to wear shorts underneath.
Thank you for you cooperation and help with our performance, we hope to see you next week at the show!